Sunday, May 30, 2010

Prince of Persia: The Sands of Time



So I really have no idea why I felt the need to go and see this movie. It was produced by Jerry Bruckheimer, who usually doesn't have a whole lot of depth or sensible entertainment in his movies. The trailers did not look all that entertaining to me, but I went to go see it anyway.


Prince of Persia: The Sands of Time is about a young boy named Dastan, who lives in the slums of Persia. During a confrontation with Persian hierarchy, the King at the timue admires Dastan's bravery and decides to adopt him, making him a Prince of Persia. The first ambush we see of theirs is of a city named Alamut. Dastan (Jake Gyllenhaal) disobeys orders but ends up succeeding in the ambush and ends up getting a hold of the special dagger. This dagger has the ability to turn back time, because of the sand it contains in its handle. Unfortunately for Dastan, the beautiful princess of Alamut is also supposed to guard that with her life. So their little journey begins across the land.

It's hard for me to describe the movie because I hated it so much. I was really just anxious to get out at so many different junctures of the movie. It's just dumb. You can argue that you can zone-out and just enjoy the movie for the action, but there is nothing to enjoy. It's so pointless. I don't know why studios give out money for movies like this to be made. It's annoying. It's a waste of money, don't see it.


Rating: 1 out of 4 stars.

No comments:

Post a Comment